Senior Formulation Scientist
Pioneer a brighter future
When you join Novozymes, youâ€™ll lead the way to create a brighter future. Your colleagues, who share the same goals and ambitions as you, will support your in realizing your full potential.
Senior Formulation Scientist - BioAg
Within our BioAg division, we are looking for a Senior Formulation Scientist to lead a small team of researchers developing formulations of natural, non-GMO beneficial microorganisms for use in agriculture. You will work with the output of research programs in biocontrol, biofertility (nitrogen and phosphorous), and bioyield enhancement. The ideal person will have experience with microbial fermentation and formulating these organisms into both a shelf and field stable product and preferably have experience scaling up from lab to production.
You will design agricultural formulations containing live microorganisms and/or secondary microbial metabolites used as foliar applications or on-seed treatments. You will challenge conventions by developing innovative and sustainable products that help our customers produce more food, feed, fuel and fibre and be an essential part of creating a brighter tomorrow.
Hereâ€™s what it takes:
- Ph.D. in microbiology, biochemistry, organic chemistry, microbial fermentation, industrial microbiology or microbial formulation with 1-2 yearâ€™s post-educational research experience, or M.S. in the aforementioned disciplines with 4-6 years post-educational research experience.
- Must be able to lead an innovative team, design project experiments and overall direction, and be able to communicate results and challenges to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Familiarity with fermentation, microbial growth characterization, formulation of biological products and knowledge of application technologies (granulation, emulsion, encapsulation).
- Formulation development background, knowledge of agricultural chemistries typically applied to seed, and knowledge of application techniques in agriculture.
- Experience with microbial biopesticides and agriculturally relevant microorganisms.
Step up for the challenge and apply online.
Novozymes is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Novozymes is the world leader in bioinnovation. Together with customers across a broad array of industries we create tomorrowâ€™s industrial biosolutions, improving our customersâ€™ business and the use of our planetâ€™s resources. With over 700 products used in 130 countries, Novozymesâ€™ bioinnovations improve industrial performance and safeguard the worldâ€™s resources by offering superior and sustainable solutions for tomorrowâ€™s ever-changing marketplace.
- Salem, Virginia
- United States
- Job Area
- Research & Development
- Closing date for applications
- 31 January 2014